Caroline Hope is an English tea and food researcher and historian who teaches, advises, and shares the authentic centuries-old traditions of British afternoon tea culture.
“Most people associate afternoon tea with a three-tier cake-stand, vintage china and scones. But there is nothing traditional about this visual image. I want to show you that there are numerous ways of serving tea in the afternoon.”
Have you ever wondered …..
- Why is tea associated with England?
- What types of tea are considered British?
- How does a domestic tea party differ from hotel-served afternoon tea?
- Why does a tea party take place after noon?
- What was regarded as “proper [to serve] with tea in an afternoon” in Georgian England?
Look no further if you wish to:
- bake traditional English tea time delicacies in Caroline’s London home.
- understand how tea became a British drink and how to brew an excellent cup of tea.
- comprehend the etiquette, manners and codes of behaviour associated with the English tea table.
VIEW Caroline’s Scheduled Workshops.
TEST YOUR KNOWLEDGE about Afternoon Tea with Caroline’s English tea Quiz.
BOOK Caroline as a speaker or host for your Afternoon Tea event.
MEET Caroline, and from 1st March 2018, watch Caroline’s weekly video series.
CONTACT Caroline if you have any questions or need advice.