CONSULTANCY AND SPECIALIST SERVICES
Caroline works with private individuals, businesses and institutions around the world to understand and recreate the authentic English tea experience.
Her approach is educational rather than prescriptive, seeking to understand the meaning behind British tea culture and preserve these traditions in a modern setting while also encouraging individual expression.
This often means showing clients how to integrate the best of the past with their own ideas and imagination, giving them confidence and an understanding of what they are doing – and, most importantly, why.
- Consultancy and training for hotels and tea rooms.
- Organising exhibitions and events on the history and evolution of English tea culture.
- Explaining the manners and etiquette associated with afternoon tea.
- Private classes and countrywide tours and experiences tailored for individuals.
- Mentoring and public speaking.
Have you ever wondered…
- Why is tea associated with England?
- What types of tea are considered British?
- How does a domestic tea party differ from hotel served afternoon tea?
- In Georgian England, what was regarded as the correct food to serve with tea in the afternoon?
- Why does a tea party traditionally take place after noon?
Contact Caroline to learn more about some of the most interesting and complex questions surrounding English afternoon tea parties.